<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

8.19.2014

A Random Thing Or Two-sday



H&M Cotton Top
Old Navy Printed Jersey Pencil Skirt
H&M Handbag (similar)
Marc Fisher Leotie Sandals

1. I am really digging the mule/bootie trend thing for fall. Ahh, yes, yet another ugly shoe craze that has resurrected from the 90's. But an ugly trend I love! (See also: Birkenstocks.) Mules are probably the most comfortable type of heel. I scored these babies on clearance, and I figure since I live in year-round warm weather, this sandal pair are perfect. Although, my inner Rachel Green will probably lose all willpower and buckle under the pressure to buy this pair. And I will blame it all on Elaine Benes!

2. Fact: Because of noise laws and regulations, certain clubs in Europe have "silent discos" where everyone jams out to the music on their wireless headphones instead of collectively listening to it through loud speakers (source). The visual I get from this is one of pure awkwardness, and zombies.

3. On Sunday night, Wes was just crying and crying, simply for the fact that nobody would pick him up and he had to play on his own for five minutes. (First world baby problems, I tell you.) Benny clearly understood his plight of being ignored and started howling along with Wesley's wails. Matt captured it only for a couple of seconds, since I ruined the AFV moment by running downstairs and distracting them from their howling/crying sesh in my own attempt to film it, but it is hilarious and you have to watch it.

4. I am still having Bachelorette withdrawals — heck, I am still having Gossip Girl withdrawals — and Monday nights are a melancholy time for me. Now I guess I know how Matt feels when it's not football season. Or any dude for that matter. Oh man, football season. This commercial is a very accurate representation of my general demeanor during the months of September through January in regard to the programs blaring from our television (sure, it may be sexist, but I think it is hilarious since it does apply to our household.) Maybe Benny will share my plight in that as well, and we can howl over his empty food dish together for the next four months.

5. Would you rather live in a world with no movies or television, or in a world with no iTunes or any type of professionally recorded music?

And today we have this handsome fellow filling in for Matt the Fashion Blogger! We call this pose "The Great Flight" because it's the position one assumes when about to take a leaping jump. Luke has it perfected. And thanks to Young & Rad for sending us this rad tank!

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At August 19, 2014 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

love this look! i only have one bag right now and it's that same color so i make it go with everything ;) also, i just finished gossip girl and i'm having major withdrawals!

 
At August 19, 2014 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Branden & Aubri said...

You should be watching Bachelor in Paradise to get your fix!! It's so dramatic but it sucks you in haha

 
At August 19, 2014 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

This outfit is FANTASTIC!!! I also miss good Monday night tv...I'm so ready for my fall shows to start back up!

 
At August 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You look fabulous!!! I need that rar shirt as well ;)


Nightchayde

 
At August 19, 2014 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It goes with EVERYTHING. I have been having the GG withdrawals for years now. How many has it been since it ended on the CW? Two or three? Thank the high heavens for Netflix! ;)

 
At August 19, 2014 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man, I tried! And I just could not stomach it. But probably just because I can't stand all of the people on there — there is a reason they were sent home! ;)

 
At August 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Ashley! It doesn't get better than fall prime time :)

 
At August 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! H&M :)

 
At August 19, 2014 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

Oh I'm all about the thick heel! I've been praying they'd come back in style FOREVER. I'm terrible at stilettos.

 
At August 20, 2014 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

you look SO stunning!!

www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

 
At August 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Jenna Leigh said...

Love the whole outfit!! Your hair looks beautiful

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

 
At August 20, 2014 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pretty lousy at them, too. You always have great shoes. Can't wait to see yours!

 
At August 20, 2014 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Rhi! xo

 
At August 20, 2014 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Jenna!

 
At August 22, 2014 at 4:07 PM , Blogger Katie said...

The second photo - Model status! You look great! and LOVE the shoes.

 
At August 28, 2014 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The Vinton Mules are on sale at ShopBop right now for $75 and Nordstroms for $89, I might have to snag a pair myself!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home