<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Storms A Brewin'

12.05.2012

Storms A Brewin'


Storms are brewing here on the coast. Instead of snow, we get rain, fog, and enormous waves. As we took our brisk walk in the hazy mist a couple of days ago, I could not believe the waves. They were measuring at 10 feet! Yes, that is huge. May not sound like it until you see a wall of water twice your size speeding toward you.

I love the eeriness and thrill of monster storm waves, accompanied with thick clouds engulfing the shore. Somehow in the midst of something that feels so bleak and dead, there is a jolt of life that zips through me knowing that mother nature so closely holds my livelihood in her hands, as I stand there vulnerable to her elements.

Luke quietly watched the waves crash and collide alongside Matt and I. Watching him observe the world is one of my favorite things to do. Oh, to be a small child again! Every turn around the corner is a grand new experience instead of taking each turn for granted. That kid is a keeper, I tell ya. Teaching me things I never knew I wanted to know. But, that's what parenting is, right?

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At December 5, 2012 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Beautiful pictures, especially the one of you with your little one! Adorable!!

 
At December 5, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Anna @ IHOD said...

That first picture is just beautiful! Isn't the ocean incredibly peaceful. Miss it terribly.
Have a wonderful week ahead!

 
At December 5, 2012 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Camila Carneiro said...

I can totally relate to what you said... I love watching storms brewing because it makes me feel closer to mother nature, like a tiny piece in something much greater.
Oh, and I also loved the picture of you and your little boy, so precious ;)
xoxo, The Brazilian Way of Life
www.camilagcarneiro.blogspot.com.br

 
At December 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures. I really felt like I was there!! XOXO your newest follower

 
At December 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM , Blogger pretty little things said...

that storm looks ominous but the pics of you and little one are too cute! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

 
At December 5, 2012 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

Gorgeous photos! And your little guy is so stinkin' adorable! - Newest Follower

 
At December 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

All of your photos are lovely. Happy holidays.
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

 
At December 6, 2012 at 5:07 AM , Blogger Eatlovemerry said...

Oh my these photos are so gorgeous! X

 
At December 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

great photos you look so pretty and luke is just getting more adorable! love the contrast between your smiles and the darkness of the sky!

City Style

 
At December 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Amanda English said...

That first picture is soooooooooooooo sweet!!!

 
At December 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Lovely photos! I feel the same way about weather like that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home