<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Poofy Skirts And All

11.30.2012

Poofy Skirts And All

Cardigan: Vintage. Shirt: LOFT. Skirt: Thrifted. Mesh underskirt: Handmade by my mama. Shoes: c/o JellyPop Shoes. Necklace: LOFT.

Growing up, I watched all the old classics. You know, the stuff with singing, dancing, and honey-sweet romance. Instead of tuning in to early morning children's programming, the little version of myself dolled up in every frilly dress and slip known to man (all worn at the same time... what can I say? Layering is practically an innate quality of mine), twirling and serenading any family member that would listen to the tunes of Harvey Girls and Seven Brides For Seven Brothers.

My favorite part of all those silver screen movies? The dresses, specifically the ones with poofy skirts and lacey slips. Oh, and let's not forget the shoes. I wish you could have a friendly ole' chat with my mom about the frenzy it created. She tells the story best. I would start jumping up and down in excitement every time a waltz broke out, which was obviously more often than not. The crazier and poofier the dress, the more enthralled I became and the higher my jumps reached. It even got to the point where I started drawing pictures of my favorite scenes. My piece de resistance is the drawing of this act when she tumbles over at the very end. I'm pretty sure it's tucked away in a keepsakes box somewhere. I should pull it out and scan it for my posterity to behold. And let's not forget the time I made my oldest brother Brett reenact this scene (the jumps in particular) with me. Ohhh, so many fond memories.

Anyway, it is no surprise to me that I'm a sucker for an excessively fluffy skirt with all kinds of frills, sparkle, and bows. It's a part of my identity practically.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch White Christmas. Gotta brush up on my "The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing" moves ;)

Labels:

17 Comments:

At November 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Gentri said...

I loooove that skirt, and I was the same way! Kids were out seeing the latest cartoon and I was home watching Meet Me In St. Louise, or the like. :)

 
At November 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

Beautiful skirt! White Christmas is my favorite Christmas movie, you just can't beat it!

 
At November 30, 2012 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Erin Collins said...

White Christmas is my favorite! That skirt is dreamy :)

 
At November 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM , Blogger AmiCheri said...

Aww, you look so beautiful! And I love, love, love White Christmas.

 
At December 1, 2012 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Seriously one of my favorite post from you! The old classics are by far the best! When I was a little girl my mama told me (and I remember) that every time I'd watch Mary Poppins I'd always have to have my "carpet" bag and umbrella in hand so I could act out all the scenes!I grew up with them and still love and watch them now!

p.s. you looks so lovely in this outfit!Love it all! Especially those SHOES!

 
At December 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Camila Carneiro said...

You look lovely and beautiful!
And classic movies are the best, they have it all, don't they?!
Happy weekend!
xoxo, The Brazilian Way of Life
www.camilagcarneiro.blogspot.com.br

 
At December 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Daer0n said...

You are so gorgeous! You look dreamy and beautiful in that outfit.
Love your hair!

 
At December 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM , Blogger K & J said...

LOVE your outfit....and those shoes..beautiful!! You look so gorgeous!!! Kara XO

 
At December 1, 2012 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

You look stunning... Your hair and makeup whatever you did, just beautiful girl!

www.thehazelstreetdiaries.blogspot.com

 
At December 2, 2012 at 8:52 AM , Blogger wjmom said...

I'd pay big money to watch Brett re-enact that scene! ::

 
At December 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a stunning outfit!
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

 
At December 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

I'm a sucker for classic/retro style dresses too! This silhouette is so flattering on you, pretty lady!
xx
Here&Now

 
At December 3, 2012 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful outfit! Love it :)

Megan
budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

 
At December 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

loveeee that skirt!

Hope you can check out my latest post! www.nellecreations.com and see how you can get Free Sunglasses from Firmoo

Save 10% on your first GLOSSYBOX!

 
At December 4, 2012 at 2:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that skirt is too precious, plus it looks amazing on you!!!

 
At December 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM , Anonymous Kelsey Case said...

Love this look!

 
At March 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I have to have that skirt! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home