<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Thankful For Family

11.08.2011

Thankful For Family

There are a lot of bloggers out there who are dedicating many of their posts to things they are thankful for, being that it is the month of Thanksgiving! It's only appropriate, right? Usually I have strange aversions to jumping on the band-wagon about certain things, but I am diving full speed onto the band-wagon for this.

In my life experience thus far, gratitude has been a pivotal characteristic in helping me achieve the happiness I possess.

Happiness doesn't come from the number of shoes and clothes lined up in the closet. Happiness doesn't come from owning the latest technology. Happiness doesn't come from the square-footage of a home and all of the fabulous designer furniture inside of it. 

Often I get caught up in the materialistic, consumer-driven world. Honestly, it's hard not to. I'm a girl. I'm a girl who loves fashion and sparkly, shiny things. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing to have a comfortable life and have needs and wants provided for. But bottom line, happiness doesn't come from the amount of material possessions owned.

Any good thing in life stems from owning an attitude of gratitude (yes, I'm getting cheeky with the rhymes--it's the holiday season, and therefore I have the license to get as feel-goody as I like). When life gets crappy and it feels like everyone is out to get you, the best remedy is to take stock of the good things that are in your life. When life is awesome, counting your blessings leaves you feeling that much more warmy and tingly on the inside, and will usually lead you to help others so they can enjoy that peaceful feeling for themselves.

Now I will share my first thankful thought of the month...

I am thankful for family. 

Life would get pretty lonely and pathetic without them. It's nice to know there is always someone out there who will listen to me complain about being a whale of a pregnant woman, or to send me random letters in the mail. It's fun receiving picture texts of what family members are doing and to share in their excitement. It's rewarding to be the shoulder to cry on for a family member who just needs to vent.

My side of the family: The Fish Family.
Me and two of my five brothers, Tyler & Chad.
The Mister and his parents.
My father-in-law, Tim & my sis-in-law, Stephy.
Me, Matt & Tim playing The Beatles Rockband. Goodness, I love that game.

I love you guys. Thank you for being my family.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At November 8, 2011 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Janel said...

Love this post! Family is everything!


www.afoolforfashion.com

 
At November 8, 2011 at 5:11 PM , Blogger MissKait said...

i couldn't agree more. i love my family and am so thankful to have them in my life.

xoxo katlin
kaitgirl.blogspot.com

 
At November 8, 2011 at 9:11 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Such a lovely post. <3

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At November 9, 2011 at 2:35 AM , Blogger the taupe said...

Very nice read. It's absolutely important to be grateful for what we have as often as we can.

 
At November 9, 2011 at 3:26 AM , Blogger Lischen said...

You're so right! Family is so important!
And btw: You look gorgeous in your wedding dress!! :)

xxx

 
At November 9, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Melu103 said...

what would i do without my family!

Amen for this post love!


╔══════════════════════╗
XOXO ♥
Melina ♥

www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com
╚══════════════════════╝

 
At November 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Emma Frances said...

This is so sweet! :] Family really is the greatest thing. I don't know where I would be without my family!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home