<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Yummy, Yummy In My Tummy

9.20.2011

Yummy, Yummy In My Tummy

Eating healthy is always important, but especially during pregnancy. Obviously. According to all of the food charts, I am supposed to be eating foods with all of the essential vitamins and nutrients. Like 50 to 100 grams of each per day! Have you any idea how hard it is to consume 100 grams of protein in one day, without dipping into a protein shake? Basically that requires eating anywhere from 2,000 to 3,000 calories in a 24 hour period to get all of those goodies. Eating has pretty much become my day job. Now don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I love food. All I am saying is that it is harder than it looks.

Tonight I made the best salad in the world. Yes, it is that good. I got the recipe from my older sister. She got it from her sister-in-law who lives in Georgia, so therefore it is a no-brainer because all Southern food is bomb diggity.

Salad

Dressing

Recipe: 
(Make 4 servings)

1/2 bag of spinach (I use the Costco brand)
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 can of corn
1/4 c. of chopped onions
2 cooked chicken breasts, seasoned to your liking and shredded
1/2 bag of Cooler Ranch Doritos

Dressing:
1 part Ranch, 1 part Barbecue Sauce


Mix everything together and, voila! You are on your way to eating the world's best salad.

As for the calorie count on this bad boy, I couldn't tell you. I am too tired to think about it. If you figure it out, let me know. All I know is that the salad is packed with flavor and nutrition. What's not to love?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

this looks super yummy! i will have to try it for sure, thanks for sharing!
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At September 20, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Erin Collins said...

That sounds delicious Abbey! I might have to make it this week...

 
At September 21, 2011 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Andrea @ Strawberry Chic said...

I agree, it is way to hard to eat as healthy as your suppose to when pregnant...I have a hard time just drinking the 8-10 glasses of water let alone calculating my protein intake (I say this as I snack on a bag of taco flavored Doritos, woops:)! This recipe looks awesome (and I'm happy to say that food is becoming much more appealing to me :) and I love that its simple, those are the only recipes I do these days. Thanks for the post!

 
At September 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

that sounds so delicious!!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At September 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

This looks delicious!

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home