<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : 5 Great Movies To Watch On Netflix This Thanksgiving

11.24.2015

5 Great Movies To Watch On Netflix This Thanksgiving



1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Yes, it is on Netflix, and I consider it to be one of the world's top three most quotable movies. And I watch a lot of movies. No further explanation needed.



2. Sabrina. Remakes of classic movies are hit or miss, but this version of Sabrina is definitely a hit. It's a feel-good love story for the whole family to watch. (And then get excited about Star Wars: The Force Awakens because Harrison Ford's presence will definitely trigger that conversation.)



3. Take Me Out to the Ball Game. I was raised on this movie—I spent the entirety of my childhood summers at the pool practicing synchronized swimming moves in the fashion of Esther Williams because of this movie. I can still clearly recall scanning the VHS section at the library and always ending up with this film in my two-foot tower of books and videos. The feel of peeling plastic covers under my fingers and the distinctive smell of old books come to mind when I watch it, and Thanksgiving is definitely a holiday where happy nostalgia is welcome.



4. Living on One Dollar. This film was a timely reminder for me to look outward beyond my own privileged life, and realize that my banal complaining about my lack of end tables or growing bored of my living space is completely out of touch and self-involved. Since watching it I've been working to realign my priorities by engaging in meaningful and selfless activities, practicing mindful gratitude, and nurturing my relationships with people I love instead of wasting time with materialistic and ungenuine pursuits.



5. Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Film Collection. In other words, all those awesome short films by Pixar. The kids will love it, you will love it, everyone will love it! A great family movie choice for all!

Wishing you the happiest Thanksgiving!

P.S. Here is what I'll be serving at our Thanksgiving feast this year should you need any last-minute ideas. Gobble, gobble!

Image sources 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At November 24, 2015 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Anamarie Rebori said...

Could not agree more about Sabrina! It's one of my favorite remakes!

http://lessthanaverageheight.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home