<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : What A Day At The Apple Orchard With Babies Looks Like

10.02.2014

What A Day At The Apple Orchard With Babies Looks Like

Last week we put on our adventure hats (literally and metaphorically... at least I did) and took the almost two hour drive out to Riley's Apple Farm in Yucaipa. One of my oldest and best friends, Katie, came down for a visit in between her intense med school student schedule. She chose to spend her precious free time with us! Isn't she a peach, er, I mean apple? She is quite literally the life of the party.


And her presence compels me to do things like this...


... Leprechaun inspired heel clicks.

Riley's Apple Farm
This trip to the orchard to pick apples was a first for both Luke and Wes. And to say they loved it would be the understatement of the year. Wes was shoveling those galas as fast as his little fists could grasp for new ones. Clearly his options were endless. 

Riley's Apple Farm
Meep!


Riley's Apple Farm
Luke thought all of the apples were dang tasty and wonderful, too. I am pretty sure he polished off about four apples in the first 45 minutes. Down to the core and all.

Riley's Apple Farm

Riley's Apple FarmDon't ask me why I thought white would be a good idea. A baby and a toddler at the apple orchard equals dirt. EVERYWHERE. Wes had it all down his chin, which was subsequently transferred to my left shoulder because my hip is his favorite perch and my shoulder is his best teething toy. But at least we coordinated, right? ;)

Katie and Luke bonded in a way that cannot be compared or described. The lineup of faces they pulled deserves its own coffee table book. Side story: Katie brought her pediatric textbook, and we were attempting to diagnose a little bump Luke had on his face. Somehow or another, the topic of cold sores and herpes came up in discussion. The next thing we know, Luke runs up to Katie, stared her square in the face and said, "Luke wanna give Kay-tee herpees!" 

You guys, we died. DIED. Then he started talking about penises and vaginas (we are working on the correct anatomical names so he has a chance at being mature, unlike me and Matt), and proceeded to ask, "Katie has vagina? Katie no have penis!"

I'm raising a pack of wild animals over here with no filters whatsoever, just like their mother! Heaven help me and my poor children. 

Riley's Apple Farm

Riley's Apple FarmAnyway! Apples! Red delicious! They actually were all incredible. Nothing compares to fresh, organic produce straight from the source. Just ask Wes...


Riley's Apple Farm

Riley's Apple Farm
Awwww. Isn't he the sweetest? I can't get over how huge he is. How huge either of the boys are! Wes turns one this month! What the?

Riley's Apple Farm
Riley's Apple Farm has different themed areas, and we stopped by the Colonial farm. They have a small general store full of trinkets and doodads, a restaurant serving country style food, and performances during the holidays. I'm still a little bummed we didn't stay for Sleepy Hollow. Guess I'll have to settle for Christopher Walken and Johnny Depp instead. How unfortunate! ;)

The farm isn't limited to apple orchards. They have pears, berries, pumpkin patches and the most beautiful zinnias! We hopped on and over a few pumpkins, smelled the flowers and took in the breathtaking views before saying bon voyage.
Riley's Apple Farm
And now that I have all these apples coming out of my ears, I am making apple everything! Muffins have been checked off, a pie is next, and then who knows what else. All I know is that I really like this autumn season, even if the temperatures are still in the 90's.
Image Map

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At October 2, 2014 at 5:04 AM , Blogger Kitty said...

Aw sweet Abbey! Can I just let you know how I do so enjoy reading your posts? As a mum of two biggies and one baby, it is so refreshing and reassuring to read of your views and adventures. Thank you x

 
At October 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

this looks like so much fun! what a cute little orchard--and you're gorgeous and I NEED that hat!

 
At October 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

Katie!! So fun, we've yet to make it to an apple farm this year and I'm not sure it will happen...pregnancy+toddler at an apple orchard seems a little much for me most days! I'll just live through you- this place looks fantastic!

 
At October 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Oh my gosh, how cute! This looks so wonderful.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At October 3, 2014 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Erin @ Love, the Campbells said...

That story is one for the books! Hahaha...you've got quite the little characters on your hands! But gosh those boys just look the happiest ever at the orchard. I love Wes's face in all these pictures!!

 
At October 7, 2014 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Kate, thank you so much for this comment! It makes me happy to hear your positive words and makes blogging all the more enjoyable for me! :) xo

 
At October 7, 2014 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aw thanks, Ashley! Let's just trade closets, mkay?

 
At October 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think Clara and that baby bump would enjoy a fresh apple, but it is a huge trek! Loving your bump and can't wait to see baby girl! xo

 
At October 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Shannon!

 
At October 7, 2014 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That Luke is a wild one for sure! And yes, they are happy 98% of the time, so I have it pretty easy :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home