<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Thankful For Animal Control

11.09.2011

Thankful For Animal Control

This afternoon as I was walking into our house, I head a soft meow behind me. I looked around, didn't see anything, and proceeded to go inside. Again, I heard the faint meow and knew it was a baby kitty. Looking more closely to where the noise was coming from, I saw a little black ball in the corner of the parking stall across the way (looks like my motherly instincts are kicking in). Sure enough, a stray kitten was huddled in the corner. 


The little guy was hurt. Apparently, some cruel woman hit him as she was driving by, or so my neighbor said. He was limping really bad and crying... made me want to cry with him.

Being the insane animal lover I am, I rushed to his aide by getting him a tiny bowl of milk and a blanket to snuggle in. The Mister did his duty and called the city's animal control department. We would have kept him, but he was in a bad way and we already have 2 dogs. I don't want to be that crazy lady living in an apartment with a million animals like they do on Hoarders.

Anyway, minutes later Animal Control came to kitty's rescue. They will be taking him to the Humane Society where a vet will fix him up and adopt him out. 

Animal cruelty is so wrong. It literally makes me furious and depressed to the point of tears all at the same time. Therefore, today I am so grateful for animal control programs and the measures they take to provide safety and good homes for all of the wrongfully treated animals out there!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At November 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Emma Frances said...

Aww. This is so sad. But I am so glad you got him to somewhere safe! I hope he{she} finds a wonderful family!

 
At November 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Simply Camylla said...

I am totally with you! I'm an animal lover, and I wish people would do the same thing you did! Sometimes I think I love animals more then people! hehe

Happy Wednesday <3
Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

 
At November 9, 2011 at 7:42 PM , Blogger nicole said...

you are an absolute hero. seriously. thank you.

 
At November 9, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

I'm so glad you took care of it and that it will be okay!

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At November 10, 2011 at 3:49 AM , Blogger Lischen said...

That's so great of you! There are not many people who would have done that!!

xxx

 
At November 10, 2011 at 4:14 AM , Blogger Lauren Jones said...

Total animal lover as well - thank god for animal charities and organisations! I came across an injured baby squirrel a few weeks ago and had to phone the RSPCA (I'm from the UK) and they were so kind and helpful, rushed straight out to rescue the little fella and got in touch with me afterwards to let me know he was ok! They're wonderful people who do a wonderful job. Well done for taking the time to look after the little guy!

Lauren
alittlelessoflauren.blogspot.com

 
At November 10, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Melu103 said...

awww that little face broke my heart
i can't believe that lady didn't stop
to check up on him .... gosh people
have no heart! i would of done the same thing
you did love! good job you're amazing!


*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ xoxo melina
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

 
At November 10, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

so sad :( what an adorable little kitty.
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home